Tuesday, October 16, 2012

What's going on

Hi again,
Last time I was briefly talking about our huge problem--global warming and one important indicator--the ice. Today I am telling about the place where we can clearly see the impact of global warming, as well as other topics which I will post later. The place which I am talking about is Greenland. Since Greenland is the world’s largest island which most of the areas are covered by the ice and has some population, while other ice areas on the north and south poles have less or no population, we can see the effect not only on ice-melting but on human lives on the island as well.

Orthographic projection of Greenland 
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:Greenland_%28orthographic_projection%29.svg&page=1

Nevertheless, before I go exploring Greenland, I should give you some basic information about global warming, e.g. global warming occurrence, factors, and its violence.
                The next blog is about geographical features in Greenland, which you will know about its location, population, and people and society. In addition to the geographical features, I will bring you all down to more specific information--temperatures--which provides you with the understanding of the temperature changes in Greenland. Besides, you will be able to see the process of ice accumulation and melting so that I can show you the correlation between temperatures and ice-melting rates in Greenland. In the end, I will discuss about the impacts of global warming in Greenland in various aspects and seek for the prevention and solutions (the more opinions people give, the better solutions it becomes!).

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am following this blog to see what is the possible solution for this global warmimg in greenland :)

    ReplyDelete